Batteries not holding charge is one of the most common faults found with phones and tablets. There can be multiple reasons why your battery does not last as long anymore. Rest assured, Fone King can have you back in action quickly.
Typical causes of batteries not holding charge:
- Like all batteries, your device battery will have a specific charge and discharge rate that will expire as time goes on
- Leaving your phone on while charging can put stress on the battery cells causing them to wear down over time
- Specific apps are known to drain your battery quickly
- Your phone may have suffered unknown physical or liquid damage
Smartphone batteries have a lifespan of between 300-500 charging cycles,
which equates to roughly 12 months of standard usage.
What to do to help your battery last longer:
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi if you're not using them
- Reduce your screen brightness
- Disable live wallpapers
- Turn off your location / location services
- Limit your screen timeout
- Turn off vibration
- You don't have to let you battery drain to 0% before charging it again. New lithium-ion batteries are best kept between 40% and 80%.
- Leaving your device charging overnight does NOT reduce the battery lifespan. Once fully charged, the device switches to "trickle charge" mode which has a minimal impact on the battery.
How we assess affected devices:
- Current draw (power usage) on the phone
- Charging ports
- Battery quality
- Software issues
- Liquid damage
- Physical damage
- Damage to PCB (short circuit)